Our family loves hotel staycations. Every summer, we choose a hotel in the metro on where we would want to stay and just relax as a family. Although having staycations sounds easy, it's pretty essential to take note of the things that we need to bring.
Here are some suggested travel essentials that might help you prepare the things you need especially if you're bringing your whole family with you:
- Prepare your bags. One, two, or even three travel luggages is up to you, but always bring a smaller bag or your usual carry-on bag where you will place your passports, wallet/cash, IDs, and the like. Also bring some plastic bags for dirty clothes and a separate bag for your toiletries.
- Bring just enough clothes (including underwear) according to how long you will stay in your destination. Sometimes we prepare our shirts, blouses, dresses, pants, or even our pajamas, but we forget to prepare our underwears which is a funny thing. If you're going swimming, then don't forget all your swimsuits/rash guards, sun blocks, shades, and the like. Hotels usually provide you towels if you'll go swimming in their pools so no need to bring extra towels.
- Bring your deodorants, colognes/perfumes, your favorite shampoo/conditioner, toothbrush/toothpaste, mouthwash, body wash/soap, lotions (travel size as much as possible), make-ups for the girls, and other items that you use in your daily beauty regimen.
A separate bag for toiletries
- For those with younger kids, don't forget to bring their diapers, milk formula & bottles, clean bottled water, rash cream, vitamins, and the like. You might need to bring extra sets of clothes for the younger ones just to be sure.
- Bring extra slippers. I personally recommend rubber slippers that you can use both indoors and outdoors for convenience. For the ladies, if you don't like flipflops then bring any other shoes that's comfortable for you such as flats, light sandals, etc.
- Next is your essential gadgets. We don't bring heavy DSLR cameras because they're too bulky. We just bring our phone cameras and their chargers. Since vacations only happens once a year and they are indeed special, the OPPO F1S is a good choice of camera phone because you can take great pictures day or night thanks to its 16MP front camera and light sensitivity features. You can take wonderful selfie shots wherever, whenever.
Aside from being known as the "selfie expert," the OPPO F1s can fully support your family's favorite games and applications needed for work (Skype, Viber, and the like) because it's equipped with a 3GB RAM (32GB expandable storage). It's a great phone to use during those "dead" hours of waiting in the lobby, in the mall, or simply just relaxing inside your hotel room.
7. Don’t forget your emergency kit inclusive of Paracetamol, and antihistamine. You can never tell if someone from your family would be needing some Betadine or alcohol for a cut or bruise. There’s also an 80% chance that you’ll get a headache from the weather or other reasons so you better have some Paracetamol. It would be a hassle if you were to go out and buy some in a drugstore while you’re having your staycation. Lastly, you can never tell when someone will have their allergy attack. It could be from the dust, from the mattress, etc., so it’s best to have an antihistamine in your bag just in case.
Thank you for reading my list. May you always be happy and safe in your travels.